Sponsored by Morris Hospital
- Drivers ages K- 8th Grade
- Entry Fee - $2.00 Corn Festival Button Per Driver (only 50 available at track)
- Drivers must wear helmets – Full face style preferred, motorcycle/football/hockey style helmets
- ALL cars must have lap seat belt, one shoulder belt highly recommended, four point harness recommended
- Wheel classes
- Derby wheels: Wheels having less than 1” tread at the point of contact with the pavement.
- Precision wheel: Any wheel not mass produced (handmade) or modified from its original intent.
- Plastic wheel: Plastic wheel of the type found on plastic toy wagons and “Big Wheels;” must be at least 1” width.
- Rubber wheel
- Derby car design specifics
- Derby car must seat one (1) driver only
- Width limit not to exceed 36”
- Height not to exceed 30”
- Wheelbase not to exceed 40”
- Ground clearance of at least 3”
- Overall length not to exceed 80”
- All cars must have at least three (3) wheels not exceeding 12” diameter, locked on axle with nut or cotter key.
- Cars must have some sort of drag brake that is operated by the driver. We ask for safety reasons that these brakes are of good working order and capable of stopping the car. The race course is downhill and cars can reach speeds of up to 20 mph.
- Each car must have some sort of handle on the rear to aid in handling of the car on the starter ramp. Also a removable pull rope on front of car to pull it back up the track is highly recommended
- Cars will not have sharp edges, especially around cockpit.
- Go-cart frames will NOT be permitted.
- Extra weights will NOT be permitted.
- Race format and awards
- Race winners in each class will be determined by the average time of Heat I and Heat II combined
- Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each class.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 6th place in each class.
- Cash payout to all drivers regardless of place.
- Decisions of the judges will be final. Driver safety and the spirit of fair play are priority.
- Top three (3) drivers in each class are invited to be in Sunday’s Corn Festival parade.
Crackerbox Derby and trophies are sponsored by the Morris Loins Club
Track Staff and Crackerbox Derby is promoted by Darrell Gay. Any questions, please call: 815-685-2043
Located at Upper Goold Park, Union Street, Morris
Saturday, September 25th, 2021
7:30 am Upper Gould Park Pits Open – Registration and Tech Begins
8:55 am Drivers Prayer followed by National Anthem
9:00 am Races Begin - Heat Race I
10:30 am Heat Race II - Same Order
12:00 pm Trophy Presentation